La Salicorne is the only hotel establishement located in the eastern part of the Magdalen Islands.
The Inn is situated in the Acadian village of Grande-Entrée and is nearby the English-speaking village of Grosse-Ile, two fisherman communities with quite a unique history. Not far away, you will find :
The Wharf of Grande-Entrée
- The largest lobster fishing wharf of Québec
- The Boutique de la Pointe (Gift shop located on the point, the Grande-Entrée wharf).
- Restaurants and gift shops
- CAMI museum (The Council for Anglaphone Magdalen Islanders).
- The Pottery House (Maison du Potier)
- The old slip
- 2 beautiful churches with an original history
- Dépanneur with a gas station
- L'Essentiel, a grocery store with an SAQ